Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti urged his players to overcome the defeat against West Ham so that they can focus on the upcoming matches with greater confidence. After wins over the likes of Leicester, Chelsea, and Arsenal in the last month, Everton had a disappointing start to the New Year after the 1-0 home loss at the hands of West Ham. The defeat has once again raised concerns that the club may go on a poor just as they did back in October. Despite starting the season well, Everton find themselves outside the top four largely due to the mid-October form when the team only managed one victory in seven games.
Everton will be without three players for their FA Cup third round tie with Championship outfit Rotherham United this weekend. The Toffees play hosts to Rotherham United at Goodison Park on Saturday afternoon with a place inthe fourth round up for grabs. Everton will be without the trio of Allan, Lucas Digne and Alex Iwobi for the visit of the Millers as the Merseyside giants set sights on a first FA Cup title in almost three decades. Their last FA Cup triumph was in 1995.
West Brom manager Sam Allardyce is keen to bolster his struggling squad with some quality players to aid the battle to survive relegation at the end of the season. Sam Allardyce is a known specialist when it comes to leading teams out of the relegation zone in the Premier League but he might have taken his biggest job yet after he agreed to replace the sacked SlavenBilic as West Brom manager last month. The ex-Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United boss has overseen two heavy defeats in his two home games in the Premier League since his appointment. In his other league game as West Brom manager, Sam Allardyce was able to lead the Baggies to an impressive 1-1 draw at the home of defending champions Liverpool. Sam Allardyce and West Brom are the first team to stop the Premier League holders from winning a league game at home this season.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has disclosed that back-up goalkeeper Robin Olsen should be back from injury in time for the next game, a league outing at home to title contenders Chelsea. 2,000 fans are expected to return to Goodison Park for the first time in almost a year to witness the Toffees take on Chelsea in one of the standout games on matchday twelve in the Premier League. Chelsea have been elevated to title contenders following an impressive run of four wins and one draw from the last five league outings.
On Olsen, Ancelotti told reporters in his post-match press conference after the Burnley game on Saturday afternoon that the Swedish international should be fit for the visit of Chelsea after missing the last two games. In his absence, former Huddersfield Town shot stopper Jonas Lossl has been the back-up goalkeeper to first choice Jordan Pickford in the last Premier League matches at home to newcomers Leeds United and away to Burnley. The goalkeeping department at Everton has its hierarchy with Pickford clearly the undisputed number one, while Olsen and Lossl are second and third respectively. Continue Reading
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that the club’s current formation is dictated not by tactics but by the amount of injuries in the squad. The recent loss against Leeds United saw Everton going with a different formation of 3-4-3. The lack of central defenders was one of the key factors behind this decision, according to Liverpool. The three defenders at the back featured Lucas Digne and fullbacks Coleman. There is no direct relationship but Everton have been unable to get a lot of success in recent weeks. The Merseyside outfit have seen just one win in the last six league outings.
Now, Ancelotti says that the emergency crisis with regards to the injury has forced him to play the different formation rather than tactics. He has suggested that Everton are likely to stick with the same 3-4-3 formation. The formation turns out to be quite flexible to accommodate a team that is thin in terms of resources. In the match against Leeds, Everton were deploying Alex Iwobi and Tom Davis as a wingback in order to counter for the lack of players. Ancelotti remains determined that the club will be able to see out this difficult period.
Everton attacker Richarlison scored one of the goals as Brazil navigated a tough game at Uruguay with relative ease. It was the standout game on Matchday 4 of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in the South American section. Brazil beat Uruguay 2-0 away from home to continue their perfect start to the qualifiers.
The five-time world champions took the lead on 34 minutes through new Juventus midfielder Arthur before Richarlison added a second goal on the stroke of half-time. Any hopes of a comeback from the home team in the second half was extinguished when Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani was sent off with 19 minutes left on the clock with the help of VAR.
Everton striker Moise Kean left the club after the never-ending season of 19/20, and in spite of never quite managing to establish himself in the side, is on his way upwards with his new loan move to French Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint Germain (PSG) set to be made a a permanent one if he can prove himself in front of goal.
Kean left Everton to join PSG on a season-long loan some weeks ago. A PSG official has already talked up the possibility of signing the young striker permanently at the end of his loan spell, with the Italian international has scored five goals in seven PSG games in all competitions. Continue Reading
Everton have been boosted by the return of star forward Richarlison from suspension ahead of the next set of Premier League fixtures. Richarlison has missed the last three games in the English topflight as a result of the red cardthat he received in the Merseyside Derby in October.
Brazilian international Richarlison was sent off in the dying minutes of the league match between hosts Everton and Liverpool as the two teams settled for a 2-2 draw. That result halted the Toffees’ run of seven straight wins at the start of this season.Richarlison received his marching orders after a nasty tackle on Liverpool midfielder Thiago Alcantara and the Spanish international midfielder has not played for the Reds since that incident.
Republic of Ireland manager Stephen Kenny believes Shane Duffy would be an excellent addition for whichever club he joins this summer. The centre-back has been permitted to leave Brighton & Hove Albion and reports claim that he is on the cusp of joining Everton on a season-long loan agreement.
In an interview covered by TalkSPORT, Kenny backed Duffy’s decision to leave the Seagulls in the quest for regular game time, he told: “I think it’s important for Shane. He is desperate to play. He is at the peak of his career. He has been a very strong personality for Ireland and for Brighton over the last few years. I’m sure a lot of managers would like to have Shane and, the type of player that he is, he needs to be playing. He knows that. Whoever gets him will get a really, really competitive centre half who is tremendous in both boxes. He would be a real addition to whoever signs him.”
Everton defender Leighton Baines has announced his retirement after the last game of the club in the current season of the Premier League. He was offered another year of extension at the club but he has decided to hang up his boots. By appearing in the match against Bournemouth, he made his 451stmatch for the club but they lost the match for 3-1. In the current season of the league, he has only made nine appearances for the club and, in the last game at GoodisonPark, he was substituted in the second half.
The club manager Carlo Ancelotti to pay his gratitude to the player has said that he can stay at the club in other capacities after his retirement. He said that all the Everton players should be grateful to him as he has been a great example for all his teammates.