Former Napoli defender hands warning to Ancelotti ahead of Everton move
Former Napoli defender Andrea Dossena has sent a warning to manager Carlo Ancelotti ahead of his proposed move to Everton. The Italian was recently axed from the head coach position at Napoli but it appears that he could make a quick return to management with Everton in the Premier League.
Speaking on Tutto Mercato, the former Liverpool man said that Ancelotti is taking a huge risk by joining the Toffees, who are currently lying nearer to the drop zone than to the top half of the table. He added that the 60-year-old has a tough task on his hands to get the most out of the players at the club, he told: “It’s a very risky choice. He goes running to take on a team that are going through a very difficult time. He will have to work hard every day to get the most out of the players he has.”
Everton dropped to the drop zone after the 5-2 mauling at the hands of Liverpool earlier this month and that contributed to the dismissal of Marco Silva from the head coach position. The Toffees have since been under the guidance of caretaker Duncan Ferguson, who has done an impressive job by taking four points out of Chelsea and Manchester United in the past two games.
Despite this, the Toffees have taken the decision to recruit Ancelotti as the head coach instead of offering the club legend with the job and it remains to be seen whether the Toffees can play with the same vigour under the former Chelsea boss. The Merseyside outfit are scheduled to host Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon and Ancelotti could be on the stands for that time. Hence, Ferguson has another opportunity to impress from the dugout and there are claims that the 47-year-old could be handed with a backroom role under Ancelotti.